Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Stuffed Zucchini & White Bean Salad


The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen (zucchini)
Vegetarian Cooking of the Mediterranean (white bean salad)

The stuffed zucchini is definitely a repeat, with good reason. The combination of flavors make it a delicious entree item, with onion, garlic, tomato, zucchini, bread crumbs (I used gluten-free Italian), basil, thyme, and parsley. I also added nutritional yeast. It's baked to perfection, making the shell soft and flavorful! Rich's has olives.

The white bean salad is simple but went well with the zucchini. Since we are so deficient in protein (haha), I thought we could have some legumes. The salad has steam-fried onion, tomato, basil, and flax oil.

Also for dessert tonight, we had key lime bars from Bryanna Clark Grogan's Vegan Feast newsletter. I didn't get a good picture. I liked it a lot; Rich said it was just a little bit too tart but as long as you had graham cracker crust in each bite, it was good. We had strawberries as well. For the crust, I used the graham crackers I had made about a month ago from Cooking Free. For the creamy lime mixture, instead of the 3/4 c. sugar called for, I reduced the calories significantly by subbing 1/2 c. applesauce and 3/4 tsp. of calorie-free stevia. Not bad, huh?!

gluten-free

This will be my only food blog; maintaining two was burdensome and there really was no good reason for it in the first place. My internet connection is too slow to re-add every picture and post, but if you have a question or comment on anything, please feel free to contact me.




2 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Blogger urban vegan said...

This looks beautiful--such a well-balanced meal.

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to stuff zuchinni and red peppers too! Great dinner. The tart dessert sounds right up my alley!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home