Thursday, July 20, 2006

Avocado Stuffed w/ Mushrooms


New Vegetarian Cooking Wild rice, brown rice, and red lentils, topped with the avocado and mushrooms sauteed with garlic and olive oil. I didn't eat any mushrooms, but they sure smelled good. I might get over my aversion one day. :) I also drizzled the avocado boats with flax oil and added nutritional yeast to the rice mixture.

The second item is tofu with arame, was supposed to be tofu balls from the same book but didn't quite turn out. They were to be deep-fried but I tried pan-frying, wanting to reduce the oil. I ended up smashing them as they fell apart! The mix also has carrots and sesame seeds. Sauce is soy sauce, mirin, and ginger, also imparted a nice flavor to the rice.

This meal was a bit plain but still delicious. I liked the smoothness of the avocado with the grains.

gluten-free

1 Comments:

At 1:36 AM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Wish i could get "into" the avo... love the mushrooms though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home