Thursday, July 20, 2006

[Prior Post] Pierogi



Friendly Foods

With the accompanying cauliflower sour cream, Rich and I both loved these! They were fairly easy; when you think of making pierogi from scratch, TIME comes to mind, but these weren't bad. I made cabbage & onion and also potato cheese, with nutritional yeast. The potato ones were my favorite. The cauliflower sour cream has umiboshi paste to make it a bit sour. How's that for eating your veggies? Sauteed onions on top truly completed the flavor.

gluten-free


2 Comments:

At 1:33 AM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Cherie, those look SO freakin' good!!! I love pierogis... i'm a big potato fan. I was just talkin' to my pal Peter last night about how i got stuffed as a kid with the boxed dehydrated instant potatoes and loved 'em so much. The first time i had REAL mashed potatoes, making them myself from a baked potato when i was maybe 11 or 12, i could not believe how AWFUL it tasted...

Fast forward *many* years later... and honestly, i'm 40 now and i can't remember the last time i had instant taters. I love the real "McCoy" and all of the things that we can create and make up from those guys with eyes.

This looks scrumptious! Great post!

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Cherie Anderson said...

It's also from Friendly Foods. It has cooked, pureed cauliflower, tahini, brown rice vinegar, and umeboshi paste. I thought it tasted really similar to vegan tofu sour creams!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home