Sunday, July 23, 2006

Spinach & Cheese Omelette



Bryanna Clark Grogan's Vegan Feast Newsletter

These were gone before we knew it! I made mine scrambled, as I didn't have the cast-iron hot enough at first, but then by the second one, Rich's, I knew how hot to have it. I also decided to just not flip it over and allowed it to cook on the top side with the lid on the pan. The cheese is Vegan Gourmet mozzarella and cheddar. I'm quite impressed with the recipe; it works so well! Some of the ingredients are tofu, almond/soy/other nut milk, corn flour, nutritional yeast, turmeric, and baking powder. The scrambled one had meltier cheese and more thoroughly steamed spinach.

gluten-free

5 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Oh, divine, Cherie!

I am a big cheese fan from youth, so i am always up for recipes that make use of "cheez" and that sort of thing.

Mozzarella cheese is the last "milk thing" i'm still working on having exit my diet!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Thanks, Sue! Tried to find your blog to say hello but i can't get to "the vegan twins." I am familiar with Dr. Barnard, and also personally with addictive foods!! (too much so on the foods!) Thank you for the comment.

And Cherie, since i'm allergic to eggs (and would not eat them even if i wasn't), this will be a great recipe for an omellette in place of them...

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger MeloMeals said...

That looks great.. I must try this.. I have most of her cookbooks and a subscription to the newsletter...

Your spring rolls looked really good too... I had two last night, but from a restaurant. (my husband and son went out and brought them home for me.. so good, but very unhealthy)

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Cherie Anderson said...

I agree with Sue; the want of cheese disappears within weeks! The main reason I started using Vegan Gourmet was because Rich wanted cheese and this provides a cruelty-free choice. Not that I don't like the flavor; I do, but cheese is something anyone can do without, considering all of the healthful foods available! Also, Vegan Gourmet doesn't smell rotten like dairy cheeses do, and it's free of cholesterol (and hormones, antibiotics, etc.)

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Thanks for all the great info... i do have severe lactose intolerance and the only milk product, indeed the lone cheese product i eat is mozzarella, but it is very rare. I also get all grossly mucus-y and phlegm-y - absolutely every time -rom milk products, which is why i steer clear of almost all of them!

Yes, it is a *when* and not an if... cheese is on its way out!!

Thanks Sue and Cherie.

Sue, i am off to check your web site!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home