Thursday, August 03, 2006

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie/Mad Good Chocolate Cake


[Prior Post]

The chocolate peanut butter pie is so good. It's a recipe from Fresh in Canada. I can't say enough good things about it. It's good frozen as well, with a creamy peanut butter inside, chocolate topping (with nuts if you choose), and a chocolate cookie crust. Better than a peanut butter cup because you can savor it longer, have more bites, with a whole piece of pie.



This was from Artful or Millenium; I can't remember which. Anyway, it tasted great, with creamy chocolate ganache in the middle. But I have to warn you about the rum sauce. This stuff dried on the dishes, in the container I had the leftovers in, and I had to microwave it to slowly wash it off (I'm talking at least an hour of work). So you can imagine that because it hardened on the dishes, we didn't taste much of it.

5 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...what great deserts. I love Fresh and have both the cookbooks. I've never made a dessert from it though...I really should. I lent the books out to a friend, now I have a reason to ask for them back.

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger Harmonia said...

Hi there! Great place! I'm linking you today! :)
http://harmonia.blogsome.com

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

*sigh* Those look soooooooooooooo wonderful!

 
At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummmmm!! Those look delicious. I'm totally with you on the dirty dishes thing. If something takes too long to clean off of a pan, I won't make it a second time - unless it's really (and I mean REALLY) worth it.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

I remember this!

Remember that peanut butter pie thing with the graham cracker crust you made when I was there? Do you know how I can make that? I found cheap, vegan graham cracker crust here and LOVED how ice-creamy and peanut buttery that was when you made it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home