Monday, August 07, 2006

Molasses Baked Beans, Apricot-Pistachio Quinoa Pilaf


Vive Le Vegan!/New Vegetarian Cuisine

As an appetizer (not pictured), we had buckwheat bread with rosemary-infused olive oil.

The baked beans are from Vive Le Vegan! Sadly, I halved the recipe and I'm wishing I hadn't! I hadn't had baked beans in over 3 years; there were better than I remembered them. Healthy, too.

The quinoa pilaf is from New Vegetarian Cuisine, with apricots, cilantro, and toasted pistachios. It was flavorful, especially with a bite of the beans on the spoon.

The other two items are corn on the cob brushed with an Earth Balance & flax oil mixture and baked zucchini crusted with nutritional yeast.

gluten-free

5 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger Dori said...

Baked beans with sweet corn... ah! another quinoa recipe. Great meal!

Sorry the buckwheat bread recipe didn't turn out. I would have thought the substitutions you mentioned would have worked well. Did you like the flavor of the bread? I was impressed iwth the recipe when we first got it and amazed that it did so well with the simple ingredients. I taught my son to do the english muffins. He really liked those.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Again drooling over what you made. Baked beans are some of my fave... i love 'em so!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger MeloMeals said...

Looks delicous... baked beans can be sooo good when they're good... if you know what I mean...

 
At 3:42 AM, Blogger Cherie Anderson said...

Dori, I did like the flavor of the bread; it was so unique and earthy!

Thanks, everyone!

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your meal looks great -- it makes me want to fix baked beans and cornbread for dinner. I'll have to look through Vive Le Vegan tonight for the recipe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home