Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Gnocchi w/ Sage, Rosemary, and Almonds/Brownie Sundae



Cooking Gluten-Free! (for both)(omnivorous)

This was admittedly my first gnocchi experience. I found shaping them and freezing them quite easy. Boiling wasn't bad, either. Then when I was to pan-fry them afterwards with the almonds, garlic, rosemary, parsley, and sage, I got a bit nervous about the little doughs falling apart. They seemed fine; I just didn't toss them around a lot. The garnish is a spicy tomato salad and lemon wedge. VERY tasty dish, indeed!

The brownie - what can I say?!! It was a pretty easy to make. They're supposed to be chewy but I would describe them as creamy on the inside, crispy on the outside. We also had a raspberry syrup sweetened with stevia, Soy Delicious Purely Decadent Vanilla, chopped peanuts, and Soyatoo whipped cream. Yum!

gluten-free

10 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger Dori said...

I been checking out rosemary recipes as of late, but I got destracted by that wonderful looking brownie sunday. wow!

 
At 2:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pile those brownies high Cherie!!!!

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Danielle D. said...

Mmm...I think that I might have to open up Cooking Free...

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Cherie Anderson said...

Thanks for the new link, Harmonia!

Yeah, you think there's enough ice cream on it?! :)

Danielle, I don't know if you know this or not, but Cooking Free and Cooking Gluten-Free! are two different books. I'd hate for you to search all over Cooking Free for these recipes, because they're not in that one. Let me know if you need any help or recipes.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Danielle D. said...

Cherie, it's funny because I was just thinking about the gnocchi and went to look it up in Cooking Free. When I couldn't find it, I re-read your post and noticed that you were posting about Cooking Gluten-Free and not Cooking Free. Opps!

 
At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gluten free? What are the basic ingredients in the brownies? I like crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside (much more so than a cake-like brownie).

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

More brownies, please!!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Cherie Anderson said...

The brownies have margarine, semisweet chocolate, unsweetened chocolate, cocoa powder, egg replacer, sweetener, vanilla, gluten-free flour mix*, and chocolate chips.

brown rice flour
white rice flour
potato starch flour
tapioca starch flour
sweet rice flour
cornstarch
guar or xanthan gum

 
At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you buy they gluten free mix or do you make up a big batch and dip into it when needed?

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Jojo said...

I was wondering how you can actually see the recipes to make the dishes that look so good/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home