Thursday, August 10, 2006

Millet Burgers & Oven Fries


Complete Vegetarian Kitchen

Do try these millet burgers! They hold together well, have a great flavor, can be made wheat- or gluten-free, and use on-hand ingredients: millet, carrots, sunflower seeds, flour, and spices. We topped ours with Vegan Gourmet cheddar, lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, and ketchup drizzled with flax oil. The buns are store-bought spelt (Rudi's Organic). They were a little dry, but I sprayed each side with olive oil and then toasted in the oven. The oven fries are also store-bought organic. Such an easy dinner - just needed some planning for the millet to cook and cool.

wheat-free

7 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger urban vegan said...

Cherie--that looks amazing.

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever cooked with millet but your burgers look yummy (minus the cheese). I'm going to look millet up and maybe give it a try.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Yeah we like to have grain/soy burgers with oven potatoes sometimes for a break. :)

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Wow, millet in a burger, that is so good!

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger MeloMeals said...

That looks delicious! Burgers and fries really hit the spot. Millet is such a great grain.. I love it. It is great for binding burgres.

Also, loved the last 3 posts too, all the food looks great as usual.

When you say your fortified the blueberry squares with b-12, did you use a powder or what?

 
At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just bought millet for the first time and I"m psyched to find a new recipe to try! It looks delish!

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Cherie Anderson said...

I use liquid B-12 for adding to foods. I got mine from Vitasprings, NOW brand. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home