Sunday, August 13, 2006

Pesto Penne, Lemon-Herb Tofu, Steamed Broccoli

Vive Le Vegan!

My last picture wouldn't upload for the life of me (two days of trying), so I hope this one works.

I am using up more local, organic produce here: the basil. The pesto has basil, hemp nuts, pine nuts, garlic, flax oil, hempseed oil, and extra-virgin olive oil. I used about half water, too, to reduce the fat content, since the sun-dried tomatoes were oil-cured. Brown rice pasta was used.

The Lemon-Basil Tofu is a great recipe from Vive. The flavor combos are delicious, the only problem being that the tofu wasn't quite as firm as I would have liked. That has nothing to do with the recipe, though.

gluten-free

{Note: Okay, none of my pictures are uploading, must be a blogger problem}

2 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger KleoPatra said...

Don't need to see it to know that it must be incredible... Lemon-herb tofu is so good. I haven't made it but i've gotten it at my fave co-op here in SD, and i dig it!

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

It is good, Kleo. I've had it before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home